The Irem Temple “Mosque” was designed and built for the Irem Temple Shriners and dedicated in 1908. Designed by Olds and Puckey Architects in the Moorish-Revival style, the landmark structure includes a 1375 seat auditorium, domed ballroom and banquet facility for 1480 people. Currently unoccupied, the community plans to reuse the structure as a performing arts venue and history museum. John Milner Architects is currently designing a mothballing strategy to protect the building from future deterioration. An existing conditions assessment is being performed of interior plaster finishes and exterior envelope including brick and terracotta masonry and various roofing systems. A code analysis and accessibility study will then be undertaken to allow for temporary occupancy with the ultimate goal for the planned reuse of the building.