Our firm is honored to work on two National Historic Landmarks within Philadelphia’s Independence National Historical Park. The project at The First Bank of the United States includes the installation of a new fire protection system along with egress and accessibility improvements. The current construction work was preceded by a predesign report and code analysis including the schematic design of alternative schemes for system upgrades. First Bank, originally called the Bank of the United States, was designed by Samuel Blodgett, Jr. and operated from 1797-1811. The three-story brick structure with a marble front and trim remains a notable early example of Classical monumental design. The project at the Second Bank of the United States includes exterior paving repairs/replacement and the installation/design of new site drainage infrastructure. Designed by noted architect William Strickland, Second Bank was built between 1819 and 1824 and is one of the finest examples of Greek-Revival architecture in the United States.